Counting of the period of induction training for benefit of promotion under the TBOP/BCR schemes - Clarifications
Written By Admin on Sep 26, 2016 | September 26, 2016
APPENDIX 13 - POSB VOL -IV
MISCELLANEOUS STAFF MATTERS RELATING TO S.B.C.O.,
PAIRING AND INTERNAL CHECK ORGANISATION
[D.G Posts letter No. 22-6/2000-PE.I dated 17.5.2000]
37. Regarding counting of the period of induction training for benefit of promotion under the TBOP/BCR Schemes :- The issue regarding counting of the period of induction training spent by the employees of this Department for the benefit of promotion under the TBOP/BCR schemes has been under consideration of this office for some time. After consultation with the Department of Personnel and Training, it has now been decided that the period of induction training may also be counted for the benefit of promotion under the above schemes. However, past cases decided otherwise would not be covered by the above orders. This issue with the concurrence of Integrated Finance Advice vide their Diary No. 378/FA/2000 dated 25.7.2000.
[D.G Posts letter No. 44-47/98-SPB.II dated 3.8.2000]
38. Counting of the period of induction training for benefit of promotion under the TBOP/BCR schemes-clarifications:-(1) I am directed to refer to this Department's letter of even number dated 3.8.2000 [Para 37] on the above subject. References have been received from many Circles seeking clarifications on the above orders. The matter has been examined in detail in consultation with the Integrated Finance Wing of this Department and the position is clarified as under.
(2) This issues with the concurrence of Integrated Finance Wing vide their Diary No. 320/FA/2001 dated 17.7.2001.
(1) What will be the date of effect of the above order,
The cases decided prior to 3.8.2000 would not be covered by the order dated 3.8.2000.
(2) Whether the departmental candidates will also get the benefit of counting of induction training period prior to their promotion as Time scale clerks for the benefit of promotion under benefit of promotion under TBOP/BCR ?
DO P&T has clarified that since the period of induction training is counted for the purpose of increments and qualifying service for departmental examination, it would also count for the purpose of promotion under the TBOP/BCR schemes.
Therefore, it is clarified that the period of induction training in respect of departmental candidates would also count for the purpose of promotions under TBOP/BCR schemes provided that such training period is obligatory for the departmental candidates in respect of the cadre to which they are to be promoted and they are to be promoted immediately on completion of such induction training period and also such training period is counted for increment in the promoted cadre.
(3) If the junior officials get promoted earlier than the seniors as per the orders dated 3.8.2000, whether the seniors can claim benefit of promotion under the above scheme from the date of promotion of the junior officials?
As per letter No. 22-6/2000-PE.I dated 17.5.2000, officials would be promoted under the TBOP/BCR schemes only after completion of qualifying service. Therefore, the question of senior claiming benefit with reference to the juniors etc. does not arise.